Tuesday, May 14, 2013

For my beloved Daddy




My dad is a friendly man. He loves to chat and share.
Since young, he has shared with us anything from his childhood time with the uncles and aunties, his NS man days as a police, travel experiences, how he gets to know my mum and so on.
But maybe some may not know that he is a creative person. He loves drawing, design, photography and has innovative new ideas. He always has inspiration to be able to work in creative industry in his early days.
He inspires me to go after my dream too.

He is also a responsible dad and a family man.
Some say he is scared of his wife. So he always staying at home.
But my parents are always the model couple in my friends' eyes. They will hold hands where ever they go. He keeps reminding us to hold my mum's hands when we are out with her.
He loves and respects his wife.
He gives the best to this family and spend his time in our growing years, supporting my bro and I in whatever decision we made and being there for us.

An unconditional love he has given to us like our Heavenly Father! Thanks God for this earthly dad who has given  us all his love and sacrifice for this family. He will be greatly missed by us and we love him forever.

There is a rainbow after the rain. This is God's promise. Now he is back home with our Heavenly Father. He has no pain and happily traveling around. He loves to see his relatives, friends to be strong and united together. He will watch over us and we shall reunite with him in Heaven in future.

Lastly on behalf of my dad and family, I want to thank my relatives, all our friends, my parents' church, Church of Singapore( Harvest),  my church City Harvest Church, 365 Cancer Prevention Society and HCA Hospice for being with us through the difficult times and praying for us.
Thanks God for everything HE has blessed my dad and my family.



Love from my cousins to my dad

My uncle was a man who was kind and generous. He loved all of us with such joy and pride that it lit up his face every time we were together.

There was never a time that I could not talk to him or that he would not offer advice. He would always in his own way, reaffirm what I was doing , showing me the care and support that I need.

Some of you may not have known my uncle the way that I did, but for those who did not get to see this side of him missed out on knowing a great man. A man who made sure that his family was taken care of even if it meant he had to sacrifice something important to him. He wanted his family to be happy together and blessed are they indeed.

When my uncle got sick last year, we all knew he was in a lot of pain. He started eating less and not being as active as he once was. When his cancer condition deteriorated, my uncle spent most of his days in bed. You could tell he was in pain, but he tried not to show it.

I would never forget the day before he died. I told the Lord that my uncle would go only when he is satisfied and said, "I'm ready to go. It's time." Considering how much pain he was in, seeing him smile and at peace was a relief. He knew he had lived a blessed life with his family and it was time for his new journey to begin.

Uncle, I will never forget you. You taught me so much about love, about life and about being a good person. I will continue to pattern my life after yours, and in times when I need help or a little advice, I will think back to all the talks we had. You are gone physically from this world, but your memory will live on forever. I just want to thank our Lord for His grace and love for us all, which never fail, even at this time. We take comfort that my uncle is now with our Lord and we are at peace.


No comments: